Want an insider’s look at what Louisville’s most fun and innovative catering company does on a daily basis? In today’s world – you are able to do just that!
Sharing, tagging, and liking are all things that we tend to do each day…but how do you make it where you are truly showing those around you the fun and good things that you are doing? We have started a new approach for Crushed Ice Catering‘s Instagram and our Catering Coordinator Lauren would like to share some ideas and tips with you!
Sharing pictures the instant that they are taken, is something that I just cannot get enough of! I love to show not only the end product that we offer (platter of hor d’oeuvres anyone?), but also the fun and passion that goes into making it. PLUS, who doesn’t love seeing just how much fun a company has together?! I know that when I see other companies sharing outings and funny posts that I want to know more and see more about them…so why not do that here?
Sure, you will see a good amount of pictures of food, bar and catering pictures, but you will also see videos of our culinary team dancing, pictures from some of our favorite lunch and coffee spots, team dinners, and of course pictures from our events!
Being a social-media aged gal, I find the following things appealing to reach out to more people:
1. HAVE FUN! I cannot say this enough, I love seeing companies not only show what they do, but also how they have fun doing it. When have you ever looked at a group of people that are having fun and said “No thank you, I don’t want any of that.”?!
2. Don’t over post. This is a line that needs to stay balanced. It is easy to bombard your followers with post after post. Doing this makes it feel like Spam, and I am not afraid to say that I un-follow people for this constantly. Instagram is about posting in the instant a picture is taken, not every instant you do something. Learn your balance.
3. Don’t be afraid to post outside of the “peak hours”. Sure we all try to post in peak hours to get the most likes and visits; but honestly, posting is going to help your visibility no matter what. Late night snacks? Post those Fried PB&Js when they go out! It may be 11:30 PM, but I promise, people will still see them, and grow very, very hungry!
4. Post Faces: Not just of the managers, post pictures of your entire team! I love seeing who is working behind the scenes to help make an event go well. Seriously, there is no job that is too small. Post those pictures of the dishwasher cranking out dishes, or the servers sweating from running food…people love to see people.
5. Let others post too. One thing that I love about our Instagram is that our entire team posts on it – even our home, Ice House, shares the love. I love seeing the different things that people notice and want to share with our followers. Different points of view help draw in different followers!
6. Captions, Hashtags, and Emojis…oh my! YES! I love scrolling through my feed and seeing quirkylittle captions and hashtags. Plus, you can connect with so much on social media with the tags!
7. Spread the love to everyone. It truly takes an army of vendors to successfully execute an event. We love to tag the wonderful venues we work with, as well as other professionals that make our job fun! Hosting a cocktail reception at Evan Williams Bourbon Experience? Tag ’em. It is good bait to get more post love, likes and shares!