ALMOST as vital as green beer, Beer Battered Fish and Chips is next up on the list. Be inspired this St. Patrick’s Day with Chef Agnew’s Beer Batter for Fish!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups cornstarch
- Two 12-ounce beer (ale, larger or dark beer if preferred )
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup all purpose flour or cornstarch for dredging
- For the Batter: Whisk together flour, cornstarch, beer, egg, and salt in a medium-sized bowl. Make sure there are no lumps. Cover bowl and place in fridge for at least 20 minutes, and up to 3 hours before batter will be used.
- Batter should be the consistency of heavy cream, don’t be afraid of trial and error
- Dredging : Always pat dry fish fillets or other items you may be frying before dredging into all purpose flour or cornstarch. Also tap off excess dredging flour before dipping into batter.
May you sail a gentle sea.
May it always be the other guy
who says, “this drink’s on me.”