Honey & Olive Granola with Pistachios & Apricots
This granola recipe is a perfect January treat!
- 3/4 Cup Extra Thick Rolled Oats
- 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 Tablespoons Packed Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Ginger
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- 1 Cup Dried Apricots, Quartered
- 1 Cup Shelled Pistachios
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1 Teaspoon Kosher Salt
- 1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cardamom
- 1/2 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Water
- Preheat the oven to 300 F, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, nuts, pumpkin seeds, coconut flakes, sugar, salt, and spices. Stir in the olive oil, and mix well.
- In a small saucepan, heat the honey and water until smooth. Remove from heat and stir into the oat mixture. Mix well. Spread the mixture evenly onto the baking sheet
- Place in the oven and bake for 35-45 minutes or until a deep golden color. Be sure to stir the granola every 10 minutes, also rotating the pan, so that it bakes evenly.
- Remove from the oven. Ensure that no clumps have formed. If clumps have formed, break them up with a knife. Let cool.
- Once the granola is at room temperature, mix in the dried apricots and place in jars.